Tuesday, February 17, 2009

UPDATE ON AARON KELLY AND NFL COMBINE


In the article on Clemson football players in the 2009 NFL Draft that I posted on Sunday and updated yesterday, I mentioned that Aaron Kelly's name was mysteriously absent from the list of participating players at the 2009 NFL Combine which begins this week. After I checked the list at the NFL's official website, I went to a Clemson msg. board and inquired whether anyone had information on Kelly and/or why his name was missing. I then received a link to an affiliated NFL Combine website that showed Kelly on the official invite list.

Since it was an invite list and not the list of participating players, I thought maybe he had chosen not to attend, gotten injured recently when working out, who knows. In order to clear the matter up once and for all, I sent Kelly an email and told him of the confusion. Aaron did reply to me and confirmed that he will in fact be in Indianapolis on Thursday and will participate. Good news. Perhaps it was just an error on the webmaster's part.

Although I will be covering how Tigers (Hamlin, Scott, Davis, Harper, Kelly and Clemmons) are doing at the NFL Combine in upcoming articles, you can tune in to the NFL Network and watch live coverage of the event beginning on Thursday. Note: RubTheRock is not affiliated with, does not endorse and is not compensated (although I wish I was) by the NFL in any way.

As far as our players are concerned, Thursday through Saturday are designated for things like orientation, x-rays, measurements, meetings, exams and interviews. The real action is Sunday through Tuesday with the workouts, featuring the 40 yd. dash, bench press, vertical/broad jump and position drills. Here is the NFL Network's broadcast schedule for the workouts by position and here's wishing the best of luck to our guys:

Sunday- starting at 11 a.m. E.S.T.
QB (Harper)
WR (Kelly)
RB (Davis)
Monday- starting at 11 a.m. E.S.T.
DL (Scott)
Tuesday- starting at 11 a.m. E.S.T.
DB (Hamlin and Clemmons)

Want to add a comment, ask a question or start a discussion? Please click on COMMENT. Aaron Kelly photo courtesy of: Jonathan Jordan- thank you!

No comments: